What is Google Merchant Promotions?
Google Merchant promotions is a feature that allows you to add promotion on Google Search, Google Shopping and Google Images.
A common misunderstanding is that Google Promotions is a checkout redemption system which means that you can not apply markdowns. Most merchants will have a discount running on all products before adding it to the basket. But Google Shopping Promotions is required to be redeemed in the checkout. If for example your promotion is (Get $25 discount when your Order $150 or more), than this calculation needs to be done in the checkout. Free Shipping or Discounted shipping needs to be done via the checkout and can not be applied before it is added to the basket.
How does the promotion look like on Google Shopping?
How can I add this feature
You can manage your promotions within FeedArmy, make all your required changes and it will be updated in Google Merchant within 24 hours.
Google Merchant Center (GMC)
You can also add promotions directly in GMC, when you login to Google Merchant under products, there is a button named promotions. If you can not see this, please read I can’t see the promotions button.
When you are in the promotions section click on List and than on the blue plus button. You can now add promotions.
I can’t see the Promotions button in Google Merchant
Some of you might not be able to add a promotion feed, no need to worry. You can request the option to be activated.
By simply filling out the Merchants Promotions Interest Form, you will than have this active within 24 hours.
In which countries can I use the Promotions Feed?
Currently you can only have the promotion available in the following target countries
A promotion must be
- Redeemed at checkout
- No similar promotion can run for more than 6 months.
- In compliance with Merchant Promotions Policies.
A promotion can not be
- Markdowns/advertised price reductions. (Discounts and promotions must not already be reflected in the SKU price on the Google Shopping product page or your product landing page, but be applied at checkout or point of sale.)
- Free shipping or discounted shipping with no code required. (Free shipping and discounted shipping promotions MUST include a valid code.)
- Mail-in rebates.
- Of insignificant monetary value (less than 5% or $5 off).
Do you want FeedArmy to generate the Promotions Feed?
You can easily let FeedArmy generate the promotions feed for you. If you already own the application it is included within your setup. If you like to try it out, please contact us here