On 27th May 2021, Google has announced that merchants are required to meet a certain level of professional and editorial standards on their website.
Google is protecting users from poor shopping experiences, such as incomplete websites, confusing or inaccurate product information, broken links or category pages that are empty on the website, etc.
Google requires all merchants to follow a basic level of requirements. If your website does not have basic requirements, you will see a suspension warning: Website needs improvement.
How To Resolve?
You need to make sure you follow Google’s editorial guidelines.
To resolve the issues, you should read the editorial guidelines and check the most common problems below.
The most common issues are?
- Website design that does not fit the niche of your products and business
- Copied descriptions and images from other merchants
- Having template text (ipsum lorem)
- Poor grammar and spelling errors
- Broken links
- Empty categories or incosistant categorizations
- Low trust in provided contact details
- Incomplete shipping policy
- Popups that block website content
- Non-functioning promotions
- Having template images
- Duplicate product details
- Poor product descriptions
- Policy pages that do not explore the niche of your products
- Incorrect domain name
- Products and categories not matching between the website and data feed
- Clear business information
- Having positive reviews
- Verified phone number
I’m getting the same error. My website seems Ok with none of these faults, yet they say my website is suspended from running ads. Please help me take a look at my website to see if im missing out something. I will appreciate your kind feedback. Thank you so much
Happy to help, please email me at [email protected] for assistance.
Thank you for the list, i hope it will help me 🙂
My merchant center is blocked since 4 weeks for “website needs improvement”.
I will check it out with this list.
Do you think you can have a look at my website and tell me what you think to be improved ?
Thanks a lot 🙂
Absolutely, feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]
Thank you so much For your Information. It Will be Helpful for newbies. Hope You will Give Us more Blog Like This in the Future.